Monday, February 23, 2009

Lord of the Rings

Dear Sally,

When arriving in Auckland we came across a flier that truly piqued our interest. It was about a Lord of the Rings tour! For all of you Lord of the Rings movie buffs, you know that the movie was filmed throughout New Zealand. Well this tour took us to Mt. Sunday which was Edoras in the film. We got to hear behind the scenes stories of how the movie was filmed and take dozens of pictures. Yes, we did this and there is nothing wrong with it. :p

I was chosen to wield Aragon’s sword up the mountain by the tour guide and I proudly accepted this honor.

Up the mountain there were numerous orc that we had to battle but I was up to the challenge. After all, only the strongest can control the raw power contained in Aragon’s sword.

I was also very fortunate to have a great partner with me along on this dangerous adventure. Never in my life have I seen a man swing an ax with such prowess.

At the end of the day we were able to defeat the orcs with time to spare for a photo shoot, lunch, and champagne with the fellowship. :) What a way to end the day as I looked forward to our next adventure.




- Justin

No comments:

Post a Comment